Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Company XXX (“Member””) & AI Global
Date: May 18, 2018
AI-Global, a non-profit organization committed to the Responsible AI, is partnering with CognitiveScale, USAA, Data.World, Saxena Foundation, IEEE and others to build an online AI collaboration system, to source, share and consume building blocks needed to build Enterprise AI systems, responsibly.
The AI Global Marketplace will launch with AI assets, including industry and domain specific data, models and algorithms, delivered through an open specification. This Marketplace is where users will be able to discover and source AI assets, but will have transact directly You, the publisher for access, except for open source/free assets.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF COMPANY, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO BIND PROVIDER TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS, BROWSE, OR CLICK ON AN “ACCEPT” BUTTON.
AI Global Marketplace
- AI Global will operate an open marketplace and community to promote the adoption of artificial intelligence technologies (the “Marketplace”)
- Various entities (the “Members”) will be given access to the . The Marketplace will be accessed, tested and used by other Members on a non–commercial basis – An example is AI Global’s Members and who are paying the monthly subscription fees will have access to the Marketplace Assets and will have the limited right to view and test these assets but will need a commercial agreement with the Member who supplied the Assets for any commercial use
- AI Global will provide membership management and community management services for the Marketplace
- AI Global will provide access to and onboard up to 25 individuals of the member organization into the Marketplace
- AI Global will the make the Open Skills Development Environment available for all Marketplace participants that contains the Open Skills Specification, Reference Skills runtime, and a Skills lab/workbench
- Members agree to publish and promote a minimum of ten (10) AI assets (skills and datasets) that is described using the Open Cognitive Skills Specification (OCSS-1.0-Beta)
- Members agree to participate in the review and contribution towards the Open Cognitive Skills Specification (OCSS-1.0-Beta)
- Members agree to the use of their name and logo, in press releases and other Marketing communication vehicles
- Members agree to get a minimum of one year membership to the AI Global alliance
- Members agree that their AI assets shall be at all times in compliance with all applicable legal requirements in all countries where the Marketplace is available
- Members shall make the AI asset available on the Marketplace for a period of 3 years at a minimum.
- In addition to the AI Asset, Member shall provide: (i) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) or Getting Started information for [Developers] or [Users]; and (ii) email support (or web form).
- Members will have no rights to the Marketplace Software
- Members will retain the intellectual property rights to all assets published by them
- AI Global will enforce an End User License Agreement for all members that allows member individual to browse, discover and test the AI assets for non-commercial use, any commercial use will need to be licensed directly with the member suppliers. However, AI Global’s review, approval, and/or publication of an AI asset will not relieve Member of responsibility for: (i) developing Products that are safe, free of defects in design and operation, (ii) compliance with applicable laws and regulations, or (iii) any documentation, Support, or warranty of the Product.
Commercial Terms to the Marketplace
- Member grants to AI Global and its Affiliates a worldwide, royalty free, fully-paid up, non-transferrable, non-exclusive right and license to 1) take all actions necessary to publish its AI asset and all ancillary materials related to AI asset, 2) use of Member Logo
- Subject to any statutory warranties that cannot be excluded, AI Global makes no other warranties or conditions, express or implied, regarding the Marketplace or support thereof, if any, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement.
- MEMBER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES AI GLOBAL HAS NO LIABILITY TO MEMBER FOR MISUSE BY [DEVELOPERS][USERS] OF AI ASSETS THAT ARE MADE AVAILABLE AS PART OF THE MARKETPLACE.
- Member will comply with import, export control and economic sanction laws and regulations, including those of the United States, that prohibit or restrict the export, re-export, or transfer of products, technology, services or data, directly or indirectly, to or for certain countries, end uses or end users.
- Marketplace assets (data sets, models, skills, agents, digital services) will be licensed directly by the provider/supplier of these assets
- Members partners and customers will receive the following preferred pricing terms for access to the Marketplace:
|Number of Marketplace Membership Seats:||0-25 seats||25-50||50+|
|Price:||Included in membership||50% discount to published rate card||Full rate|
Marketing & Communications
- AI Global and the members will retain the right to issue press releases and host marketing events announcing and publicizing its contribution role to the Marketplace and its role as a founding Member of AI Global and the Marketplace, once it is mutually agreed upon
- Members will in advance make AI Global aware of all new announcements and public Marketing Communications regarding the AI Global Marketplace and the partnership
- AI Global will publish an annual report to its members
By electronically accepting this agreement, it is considered executed mutually